Friday, February 27, 2009

How I blog...



Instead of my weekly "Where I blog" picture I'm posting today a how I blog picture. I was up until late last night posting a story on Ashin-Mettacara.com and I only slept a few hours before getting up and being on the go all day.

I looked at the news, I read my papers and still nothing came to me... I didn't know what to write about. There was either too many things to say or not enough. Sure I could complain about the separatists again, or about the Conservatives, I could talk about Obama's plan to pull out of Iraq or the economic meltdown, I could talk about a million things but still, nothing came to me.

Instead, I thought, why don't I make my self a pot of coffee, wake up a little bit and see what comes to mind. The first thing (actually the only thing) that came to mind was: take a picture of your old, dirty coffee machine. After all why not? I owe so much to this magical beverage and this little machine, most of my decent blog posts were written at 5:30am with a cup of coffee, or late at night when the only thing keeping me awake was the coffee, most of my friendships spawned around a cup of coffee, studying for exams or doing work from home is usually done with a cup of coffee in hand.

So here it is coffee, my tribute to you little battered coffee makers... you have been my faithful companion for many years. Sure, I have a 200$ espresso maker and nice stainless steel cups, but nothing can ever replace you, my old and dirty machine.

We've been through a lot of sleepless nights and exhausted mornings together... Here's to many more!

Muchacho Enfermo

No comments: