Friday, January 16, 2009

75th post...

This is my 75th post. I didn't realize it until this morning.
I had a pretty cool post all worked out in my head this morning but then I noticed that it was my 75th post and it felt like a bit of a milestone day. I know it's silly, but whatever.

There's so many things out there today that I could talk about, so many issues concerning me and my fellow citizens of the world that need to be written about, but I can't find anything that motivates me enough to do it today.

I realize, looking back on my posts, that most of them are dry and feel a little bit like recycled news, it's been a few weeks since Reuters or the Chicago Sun-Times has ran any of my posts on their websites... So I'm going to do my best to steer clear of that "news recycling business" in the future and do what I do best: bitch and moan. Hopefully my 4 readers will stick around during this little transition period into something hopefully more interesting and a little bit more me.

On a side note:
-Thanks to everyone who voted for Ashin Mettacara at the 2008 Weblog awards, his blog won in the best Asian blog category! Hopefully this will help bring a little more visibility to Burma's cause.
-Thanks to Cubaweblogs.com for having added me to their links page. It means a lot.

Muchacho Enfermo

1 comment:

Patrick Ross said...

Milestones are a good opportunity to reflect and look ahead in writing.

But make the most of the early ones. As you keep going, the milestones get further and further apart.

Next month I'll probably publish my 1,000th post. I'm looking forward to that.