Wednesday, August 5, 2009

4 Montrealers Arrested for Rape in Cuba

I read in a little newspaper snippet on the subway this morning that four Montrealers had been arrested and are currently being detained in La Condesa prison in Cuba for the alleged rape of a 23 year old Toronto woman. The only English language article I found was HERE.

In the French language articles, it is probably worth mentioning, they mention that the 4 men say that after partying with this girl in Varadero she consented to go back to their room and have sexual relations with all of them. They then proceeded to send compromising photos to the woman's father in Mississauga. An attorney representing 3 of the 4 men claims that the woman is claiming she was raped in order to save face in front of her Muslim family.

I think that either way, rape charges should be taken seriously and that if these men really did rape her that the time they spend in Cuban jail while the investigation (which may take up to a year to complete) is underway will be a good way to start the whole punishment process. If they didn't however rape this woman, well, I really have no comment to add.

I've often wondered what jails would be like in Cuba for foreigners as compared to how Cuban prisoners are treated. I guess that these four are finding out first hand.







Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bitches

Patrick Ross said...

I hope they get gang raped in a Cuban prison -- hopefully via a special appearance by Johnny 23.

Muchacho Enfermo said...

@Patrick: Ditto. 'nuff said.

Muchacho Enfermo said...

I's love to, however I wasn't able to find any new information... I'll keep looking though.

Anonymous said...

These 4 INNOCENTS men where freed on February 27th 2010.

Muchacho Enfermo said...

Thank you for the update on the super old post... A link on their release would have been nice... http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100227/mtl_cuba_100227/20100227/?hub=MontrealHome

Well I'm glad the innocent went free :)... Too bad they were stuck there for 7 months...