Sunday, June 21, 2009

Montrealers show their support for Iran



Last night around 9pm there was a vigil for those who died in Iran following clashes with armed forces.

I attended because I wanted to show my support and my sympathy. It was a candlelight vigil and most of those in attendance wore the color green. A few hundred people at most attended the vigil, but I loved seeing people of all colors and all walks of life in attendance, people with their children, people speaking French, English and Farsi, students, elderly people.

Even if those in Tehran can't see us, we were with them in spirit and we will continue to do so. Today there will be a rally at 11 a.m. at Dorchester Square and I encourage all those who can to be there or to go to similar rallies in your cities.

Muchacho Enfermo



Bookmark and Share

No comments: