Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Again? You can't be serious!



After I found out that Ciro Diaz and Claudio Fuentes were back home safe and sound yesterday I breathed a sigh of relief. The entire ugly ordeal was over for now, everyone could get some rest. I was so happy to see such a quick mobilization of the blogosphere, everyone who posted about it on their blogs, gave contact information for the policeman who had detained both of them without reason, spoken of their outrage on their blogs and those who gave the world up to the minute updates.

I was happy that it was over and that I could get back to complaining about other things...

However, my relief would be short lived.

Orlando Luis Pardo Lazo, author of many books including BORING HOME which I hosted digital copies of on this blog on the day of its launch, which was banned by the Cuban government. He is commonly known as OLPL and he has been summoned by State Security for questioning.

Hopefully this will be a short round of questioning and he will be swiftly released, but again I find myself in shock at the harassment faced by these writers, artists and bloggers, for doing something we take for granted: talking about our feelings and our politics.

For updates please check here or Octavo Cerco (English)

Muchacho Enfermo


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: